We have very recently discovered Bromley council’s intention to sell off, on a 250 year lease, parts of Library Gardens (aka Church House Gardens) to Countryside Properties (UK) Ltd. as part of their intention to build multi-storied buildings on adjacent Site G, Phase 1.This intention to sell was issued 20th June, before public consultations on Site G, Phase 1 has even started! We feel that any such proposal, if still relevant, should only be issued after the full public consultation process has taken place, if this process is to be really meaningful, and not just a ‘tick box’ exercise.
We request your urgent support. Please submit your objections to the council’s Notice of Intention to Dispose of Open Space, in writing to the following address –
- Notice of Intention to sell is premature and would prejudice the outcome of the upcoming public consultation.
- Loss of Public Open Space.
- Loss of Open Green Space.
- Loss of Urban Open Space.
- Enables development likely to be harmful to the appearance of the Conservation Area.
- Threat of loss of mature Cedar tree (next to closed toilet block) shown in proposed development area.
More information on our campaign for this park can be found on our Library Gardens campaign page,